On Wednesday, February 9, parents are invited to attend one of two brainstorming sessions for an update of the Marshall strategic plan.
Our current plan was approved by the Board of Trustees in late 2009. The plan lays out a broad strategic framework for the school, and our faculty and staff have been busy this year working through ideas for initiatives over the next few years.
We could use your help!
If you join us, you will be asked to contribute to one of five groups. Each group will get a short update from an administrator and then be asked to reflect on a series of guiding questions.
Mission and Vision
- What do we do best?
- What is our core business?
- What kind of image do we want to project in the community?
- What needs can we satisfy that other schools cannot?
- What do we want to be known for in Duluth?
- How can we best serve the needs of students today and in the future?
- What is “global citizenship?”
- What does it mean to educate for “global citizenship?”
- What should we be doing differently to prepare students for an interconnected world?
- How can international students enhance the experience for all students at Marshall?
- How can international experiences for Marshall students enhance their education?
- What is the most appropriate role for technology in today’s schools?
- How should Marshall students be using technology to prepare for success in college?
- What role should online and blended (combination of online and face-to-face) learning have within the Marshall experience?
- How does service fit into the Marshall mission?
- How can we best provide leadership opportunities for our students through service?
- What is the best way to challenge students to find passion and purpose beyond themselves?
- What types of connections should Marshall have within the community?
- How do trips outside the walls of Marshall enhance the mission of the school?
- What types of trips should be a part of the Marshall experience in the future?
- What role do trips have in furthering the core academic program within a given grade level?
After the meeting, our group leaders will take your ideas to the faculty focus groups … who will make recommendations to the administration at the end of the school year.
In April, look for the Hilltopper Magazine, where we will publish the broad framework of the Strategic Plan along with some of the plans to keep Marshall in the forefront of educational innovation in the region.